Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day: 4 girls, 4 styles, 1 special day

{click picture to enlarge}


Valentine's Day seems to bring out the best and worst in everyone - and typically your relationship status determines exactly where you fall on that spectrum. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that your outfit can convey your love, or loathing, for the heartfelt holiday.

For their first assignment, and introduction to the blog, the Shopping Savage interns were asked to wear an outfit that reflects their personal style and therefor, interpretation, of what to wear for Valentine's Day. Hopefully one of their looks will inspire you to love - or mildly like - the day a little more.


Ashleigh
{click picture to enlarge}

Why do you think this outfit works for Valentine's Day?

The sweetheart neckline and length allow me to show some skin without looking inappropriate. The color is also vibrant and youthful, but still adult and great for Valentine's Day.

What other occasion would you wear this outfit?

This outfit could just as easily work for a night out on the town with girlfriends. It's fun, easy to wear and changing accessories changes the look.

How would you dress this look up or down?

Sometimes I add a leather biker jacket to toughen up the look but everything about this dress - the fabric, silhouette, and even the color - scream, "I'm going out and I intend to have an amazing time!"

What is your best - or worst - Valentine’s Day memory?

Valentine's Day is also my birthday so I usually end up spending it at home or celebrating a different day because my friends are out on dates. Last year, one of my best guy friends (who also happens to be my roommate) cooked me an amazing dinner and took me on a date to see the movie Valentine's Day. It was such a sweet evening and so much fun!

Follow Ashleigh on twitter


Madison
{click picture to enlarge}

Why do you think this outfit works for Valentine's Day?

Its fun, flirty, and these jeans make my legs look awesome!

What other occasion would you wear this outfit?

You could wear this for a night with the girls or for casual Friday. Its so versatile!

How would you dress this look up or down?

Dress it up with a black skirt and heels, or down with no blazer and a great pair of sandals.

What is your best - or worst - Valentine’s Day memory?

My best Valentine's Day was my freshman year of high school while I was cheering for a basketball game. After finishing our halftime routine, my friend Greg surprised me with a heart-shaped box of Hershey Kisses - my favorite! It was completely unexpected and a great surprise.

Follow Madison on twitter


Sarah
{click picture to enlarge}

Why do you think this outfit works for Valentine's Day?

Everyone loves a little black dress for special occasions so I added some flashy red boots to accent Valentine's Day favorite color. Toss your hair up in a messy bun and throw on a cardigan for a casual feel. It lets him know you spent time to get fancy but are not super serious yet.

What other occasion would you wear this outfit?

This outfit would work for everyday wear, when you just want to feel a little dressy.

How would you dress this look up or down?

You can dress it up by losing the cardigan, throwing on some black heels and leaving your hair down.

What is your best - or worst - Valentine’s Day memory?

No comment!

Follow Sarah on twitter


Hallie
{click picture to enlarge}

Why do you think this outfit works for Valentine's Day?

I feel like it’s sort of a requirement to wear something in the same color family as red for Valentine's Day. But besides being pink its super sexy without you feeling overly exposed. It’s also fashion forward with the textured tights; its girlie and fun and thats what I’m about.

What other occasion would you wear this outfit?

I think this would work for another nice night out on the town whether it's for another date night with your significant other or a girl’s night out. You could even wear this for a party or an event where the dress is (trendy) cocktail attire.

How would you dress this look up or down?

To dress it up you could put your hair in a high bun or a really cool updo. You could also add a pair of chandelier earrings or a long necklace that has some sparkle to it. If you’re going to add jewelry, I would change the tights to either nude colored hose or solid black. You could also do more eye makeup and a colored lip stain to give the look more drama.

To dress it down I would put on a pair of nude hose and then put on some cool flats. I’m a pretty bland dresser when it comes to accessories, but I do love my shoes, so I would get some cool metallic ones. Also, if you wanted to wear this dress in the summer, you could put on some glammed-up gladiator sandals to really give it a cool look.

What is your best - or worst - Valentine’s Day memory?

I was in 8th grade and my parents decided that they wanted to go out for V-Day so I was stuck babysitting my younger brother. I was “dating” this boy and he apparently had some plans for us (I don’t know what they could’ve been since I wasn’t technically allowed to go out on dates at that age!) so he was really upset. So, at around 9:30 at night, I get this call from him saying to come out to my front porch. So I do and here he comes riding a moped down my street (we lived a pretty good distance from each other)! He walks up and hands me a yellow rose, a teddy bear holding a heart and a small box of chocolates. He risked getting a ticket for underage driving just to see me for a few short minutes on Valentine’s Day. It’s definitely one of my fonder memories of this holiday!

Follow Hallie on twitter

Happy Valentine's Day from our closets to yours!
{click picture to enlarge}

A special thank you to the Sheraton Hotel for allowing us the pleasure of using their magnificently renovated lobby, vault bar and rooftop bar as the backdrop for our photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment