Tuesday, April 12, 2011

5 Fabulous Drug Store Beauty Finds

As a girl on the go and on a budget, I don’t always have the time or funds to track down the highest heralded beauty products. Fortunately, with a little bravery and a lot of beauty savvy, I've been able to find some really amazing products at the local drugstore that will blow your mind without blowing your budget. Here are a few of my favorites:

Mascara

Mascara is one of the best beauty finds at your local drugstore. I like to use Covergirl Lash Blast for fuller-looking eyelashes, and then I achieve just the right color, separation and length by combining it with Covergirl Eye Exacts Mascara for brown eyes. With all the formulas, brands and brushes available, play around to find the mascara that is just right for you without having to spend a ton!

Dry Shampoo

When I first heard about dry shampoo I was a little skeptical to say the least. However, after giving it a go I realized that its not intended for everyday use, and definitely not meant to replace washing your hair. Its great for the occasional morning that you wake up late, or if you have a quick turnaround between the gym and dinner. Spraying a little dry shampoo on my roots gives my hair a light, fresh feeling between washes and it works the same way for most, if not all, hair types. I like Suave Dry Shampoo especially because it smells great and can be purchased for around $3!

Lip Gloss/Lipstick

I've found that the best way to try out a new lip color trend is by purchasing less expensive options. This method is good for a number of reasons but namely because there’s no real commitment. If you try a color (or combination of colors) that you like that is also carried by a favorite high-end brand, splurge on it; but not before test-driving a few of the more budget-friendly versions first.

Jergens Natural Glow

Jergens Natural Glow is a great product for those who enjoy tanning but don't want to expose themselves to the negative effects. As long as it is applied evenly over the entire body, there is no streaky or orange-y look to it. Through daily use it gradually gives skin a darker appearance. It is offered in three shades and is even offered in skin firming formulas, as well as a formula specifically for your face. This product really is a 2-for-1; you get a great moisturizer and a tan all in one bottle!

Olay Regenerist Thermal Contour and Lift

Short of getting a spa treatment, there is nothing better than Olay Regenerist Thermal Contour and Lift. Even after my first use I instantly saw and felt the difference. My skin was firmer, yet supple and hydrated. Application is easy and it doesn't take much time, with results sure to amaze you for what it costs. I can’t imagine life without it!

Follow Ashleigh on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment