Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Savage Style



During a lean economy there are certain concessions made that in the long run may do you good. If you've never gone thrift store shopping, for example, then let this current economy be the financial adjustment needed to get you shopping second hand. You may have to sift through a lot to find the diamonds in the rough that still need a little polishing, but considering a new-to-you wardrobe could cost less than a tank of gas seems like a win-win.

Neophyte's to vintage shopping need only follow fashion blogs like Champagne and Marshmallows for inspiration and serious savage style. The site's creator Lauren Schoonover has a youthful look that's quite deceptive. Even though she's legal on all accounts, her pictures are like a look book for a fashion forward Lolita. And you know whatever Lolita wants, Lolita gets. And she usually gets it vintage.

Vintage sweater, belt, and shoes; Shorts by Banana Republic



Jacket by Forever 21; White tank top by Abercrombie and Fitch; Vintage jumpsuit, shoes, and jewelry



Suede fringe vest, necklaces, and bracelets by Forever 21; Shorts by Hollister; Shoes by Fahrenheit; DIY purse; Vintage belts



In her words:

"I have wanted to model since I was twelve years old, and I've always loved art and fashion. Blogging is a way for me to model and to share my style with the world. I want to inspire people and give them new ideas and new ways to wear their clothes.

"What I wear depends on the way I'm feeling that day. Anything from girly to rocker to hippie to classic. I love mixing different styles and I try to be creative with my outfits, but still follow the latest trends.

"I'm a fan of contradictions. I love being the artistic Math major, and the girly girl who loves to listen to hard rock music. It's all a part of my mysterious ways..."

Sequin skirt by BCBG; Tights by Forever 21; Vintage t-shirt, heels and jewelry



Vintage sequin top; Plaid pants by DKNY; Fringe boots by Forever 21; Purse by Style & Co.



Vintage t-shirt; Corset by Lady Marlene; Vintage tutus; Studded belts by Hot Topic; Leg warmers (worn on arms) by Claire's; Bracelets by Forever 21 and vintage; Shoes by Miss Bison



Ironically, Schoonover's first blog post was posted not too many years ago almost to today's date. Here's what she had to say:

"So this is my very first blog post, and what a wonderful time to start! Summer has always been my absolute favorite season. The sun, the beach, the super warm weather... Yeah, it's just the greatest!"

Jumpuit and belt by Forever 21; Gladiator sandals by Wet Seal;
Vintage jewelry and sunglasses





"Looking at these pictures, I'm noticing just how long my hair really is. I knew it was long, but MAN I need a haircut! I'm also seeing how much I need a tan. Somebody pass the baby oil!"

Welcome to the "midsummer dream"
Vintage top; Jeans by True Religion

Think you've got enough style to be considered a shopping savage? E-mail your photos to dwaun@shoppingsavage.com with a breakdown of your outfit and your photo may be our feature of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment