Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Savage Style



Most bloggers knows that the best way to get people to visit your site is by networking with other bloggers and getting your name - and face - out there. And you can't really discuss fashion blogs without mentioning one that many "Savage Stylers" featured on this very site are fans of, or, who draw inspiration from: Erika Marie, aka the Fashion Chalet. The Cuban/French/Spanish stylist/photographer/model is in love with all things fashion, something made obvious just by stepping foot into her world.

Noir Jenny the Panda ring, eBay eye ring, Nars lipstick in Schiap.


Tutu c/o Modcloth, French Connection dress turned top
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120 pumps
Coach cross-body bag



Hot Pink Blazer, Forever 21 dress turned top, Asos pink jeans moto lace-up,
Jeffrey Campbell Shy Town wedges, Silvana Danies Horn Necklace
Socialite Balenciaga style clutch



Sweetees Green Skirt-Dress, Vintage Hot Pink Blazer,
Silvana Danies Turquoise Horn Necklace, Balenciaga style clutch c/o Socialite,
Moschino platform wedges



In her words:

"I started blogging because of my initial passion to share. I enjoy connecting with my readers on similar topics of interests in fashion, music, food, movies and television. Blogging is an outlet for me to be able to express in more depth why I love fashion so much. Clothing isn't something you just wear, it's a lifestyle and expression of who you are. My inspirations run deep ... and I am inspired every single day by something new. Fashion holds a positive light and safe haven for me.

In my opinion, fashion isn't so much a balancing act in my daily life, or work life, essentially it is a part of me. Some of my fondest memories are from when I was a little girl, going back-to-school shopping with my mom. She has great taste and we complement each other's ideas. I remembering always keeping up on the trends. When I was 4, I knew that denim jackets were a staple and I had to have one. I also enjoy putting my own twist on trends and mixing in unexpected pieces. Fashion isn't just a hobby, it's an extension of who I am."

H&M dress, Forever 21 and Bare Style rings,
Dolce & Gabbana suede wedges



Shampalove blouse and bag, Market HQ Minkpink Mile High Club sunglasses
Hudson skinny jeans



UK Style by French Connection Leopard dress
ASOS Yellow belt, Coach bag, Dior sunglasses



When most think of a "chalet" they envision a vacation or relaxing getaway and that's what Erika's blog provides. A brief reprieve from your own life - or wardrobe - and a place to draw inspiration and recharge your fashion batteries. The site awakens the sleeping savage in us all, to express ourselves through fashion and in some ways, express a bit of magic. And what could be more magical than a getaway to a Chalet?


Not quite ready to leave the Chalet? Then take a seat and get to know Erika a little better.
Side note: the video was uploaded at that angle.



Think you've got enough style to be considered a shopping savage? E-mail your photos to dwaun@shoppingsavage.com with a breakdown of your outfit and your photo may be our feature of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Could your pix get any smaller? Jeez, thanks for nothing

    ReplyDelete