Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Savage Style



Pelayo Diaz Zapico may be considered "the Adonis" of fashion blogging, but don't let his good looks fool you. There's more than meets the eye to the Kate Loves Me blogger. One of the draws to his popular site for many a fashionista goes beyond his admirable physique, which becomes a beautiful backdrop to a fashion-forward personal style captured in candid photos. In addition, the fashion student documents his attendance to party invites on fashion's social scene as well as provides a first-hand account of some of London's best fashion shows around town.

Shirt: COS
Necklace: Mawi
Knitted Bowtie: Steve & Co.
Eyeglasses: Armani

Shirt: COS
V neck sweater (and polo around waist): Prada
Short/Kilt: Comme Des Garcons
Bag: Kiosk
Jewelry: Mawi
Shoes: Prada

Sunglasses: David Elfin
Blazer: Topman
Shorts and Belt: Pelayo Diaz
Shoes: Prada


Vest: Topman
Trousers: Pull & Bear
Sandals: Givenchy
Belt and Bag: David Elfin


As quoted from the book "Fashion Blogs" in June of 2010:

Why did you decide to start Katelovesme? "I needed to tell a story, my story. Not only in a visual way, though I write less nowadays. I like to receive and read comments and somehow learn from it, though it's often more laughing than learning. My main focus is to keep a little diary of my opinions, parties, and inspirations. I mix stuff I take seriously with stuff I couldn't care less about, confusing other people and sometimes even myself. A blog is an instrument to deal with others' opinions, without letting them influence you negatively. For me, every single one of us is amazing. No matter what someone else says."

Hat: La Favorita
Shirt: David Elfin for Yoox


Shirt: COS
Dungarees: vintage
Socks: Nike
Loafers: David Elfin
(dog in YSL scarf)

In Zapico's bag:

Canon camera; Kiehl's lip balm; moleskine diary; Staedtler pen; Nokia N8 phone; Blackberry curve; David Elfin leather wallets; Giorgio Armani sunglasses; Alexander Mcqueen skull key-ring; Oscar Wilde pocket book

In addition to this site, Zapico, or "Prince Pelayo" as he's affectionately known in the blogosphere, also created Seen at Kate Loves Me to offer up his gently used wears and recently, his own fashion line. But the question still remains: why name your blog after Kate Moss?

"I'm a huge Kate Moss fan, but it was too evident to use that in my blog title," said Pelayo in an interview. "It would be nice if somehow she loved me back."

Well if she doesn't many others do. And for everyone else, its only a matter of time.

Bag: Chanel
Sneakers: Converse

Think you've got enough style to be considered a shopping savage? E-mail your photos to dwaun@shoppingsavage.com with a breakdown of your outfit and your photo may be our feature of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment