In an age where smart phones are more prevalent than not, it would seem that there's an "app" for everything. And you would be remiss to not take full advantage of all of the beauty apps at your manicured fingertips. Gathered here are "The Top 10" beauty apps you can't - or rather, shouldn't - go on living without. And the best part? They're free! Technology never looked so good for so little.
1. Daily Glow - Offers step-by-step makeup application advice, beauty tips, how-to advice from beauty experts, product reviews, a hairstyle guide and much more.
2. Hair & Beauty - This app comes out in "issues" and each is jam-packed with A-list celebrity hair styles prime for the mimicking, three-step style galleries for "cut, color and finish", runway inspiration and product reviews.
3. Total Beauty - The website's motto "Expert advice. Unbiased reviews" has an app offering just that. Browse close to 300,000 unbiased consumer reviews and ratings on beauty products ranging from makeup to skin and hair care.
4. Mark. - Its beauty. Its fashion. Its on trend. So what's not to love? View seasonal must-haves sure to be trends and watch videos to "meet" the Mark beauty and fashion experts for advice and tips on the topics.
5. Lookz - Created by Barry M cosmetics, this app claims to be "the world's first 'made for mobile' makeup and beauty app". Whether that's proven or not, they've certainly proven themselves useful by offering categorized looks like "Catwalk," "Everyday," "Clubbing" and "Celeb Inspired" with video tutorials, insider tips and tricks and even mobile wallpapers.
6. OPI - This app allows you to customize the skin tone and shape of the virtual hand that allows you to "try on" any shade of polish from the brand's endless array of colors. It also includes a "salon finder" to get your manicure as quick - and as close! - as possible.
7. Sephora - Even if you're not a beauty buff, this app is essential for anyone who's interested in beauty and familiar with the store. It offers everything from tips, new product information, a store locator, shopping cart and even keeps track of your past purchases so you can easily look up your favorite products for in-store reference.
8. Glamzy - Similar to OPI's concept, except for makeup! Upload a picture of yourself and virtually "try on" your pick of lipsticks, blushes, eye shadows and mascaras. Definitely a place to get your "glam" on without it costing you a cent!
9. Hair Cast - Never have another "bad hair day" again with this app! Just plug in your current location, the weather report and hair type and it'll deliver a personalized "mane forecast," complete with styling tips.
10. SpaFinder - Need to get away but not sure where to? How about a relaxing day at the spa? This app utilizes the GPS tracker in your phone, finding the spa - and any specials/deals they're offering - nearest to you. How about that for luxury at your fingertips?
Follow me on twitter