Going back to school always means wanting new on-trend items. But sometimes being trendy can also read costly with limited wear or use after the trend has died out. Luckily, this year's back to school trends are more mainstream than before, meaning that what you buy now, you can re-wear for seasons to come. Below are the biggest five trends, with examples of what you can wear and of course, at prices that won't wear out your wallet.
1. Tribal inspired - Take wardrobe cues from around the globe.
AEO Embroidered Bag, $49.50, American Eagle Outfitters
Candie's Vivien Platform Wedge Sandals, $25.99, kohls
Foil Tear Cocktail Ring, $28, topshop
Zad New Peacock on the Block Feather Earrings, $14, lulus
Tan Leather Fringed Cross Body Bag, $66, topshop
Obey Tribal Denim Backpack, $59, lulus
2. Boyfriend Look - 'Boyfriend' blazers and jeans, boxy shouldered bomber jackets and even slouchy button-down shirts are on trend for this season.
AE Straw Fedora, $ 15.50, American Eagle
Beracasa Leopard Olive Handbag, $41, lulus
Red Textured Trim Snood, $32, topshop
Patent Leatherette Wingtip Shoes, $24.80, forever 21
3. Bright and Bold - wearing bright colors is definitely on trend this year. Whether its done through color blocking or using one primary color in a neon shade to make your outfit pop.
AEO Wraparound Watch, $29.50, American Eagle
Bongo Large Hobo, $29.99, kmart
Ridge Large Backpack, $98, kipling-usa
Jeffrey Campbell Be-Well Red Suede Peep Toe Woven Wedges, $154, lulus
4. Goth goes Glam - Black is a typical fall fall-back color, but this year add a little punk, a dash of emo or a sprinkling of goth to edge it up.
CARLOS BY CARLOS SANTANA Women's Foxy, $98.99, amazon
Horseshoe Stud Waist Belt, $48, Armani Exchange
Nude, Love As It Should Be Wedge, $99, Pretty Pennies
Candie's Zipper Ruffled Flip-Flops, $11.00, kohls
GemGirls Evil Eye Friendship Bracelets on Silk Cord, $35, Kara Ackerman
5. Think Preppy - another 80's trend to resurface is pure preppy. Embrace your Muffy, Biff and Blair by taking a page from The Preppy Handbook and go for a polished look sure to meet the standards of all popped-collared wearers of the world.
Eden Studded Ruffle Flat from Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez, $19.99, kmart
Candie's Bow Cat's-Eye Sunglasses, $14.99, kohls
LC Lauren Conrad Solo Ballet Flats, $36.99, kohls
VALENTINE Coral Patent Toe Ballet Pumps, $36, topshop
Jack Purcell Helen Marimekko, $75, amazon
For more back-to-school savings tips, revisit this "Dear Shopping Savage".
All pictures provided by Seventeen
Follow me on twitter